The American Bicycling Education Association
Is proud to be the nonprofit parent of CyclingSavvy:
The groundbreaking course that changes people’s beliefs about bicycling.
ABEA was incorporated in 2014 as a tax-exempt corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Your contribution supports an astoundingly simple yet quite audacious goal:
People will hop on their bikes when they know how to keep themselves safe, when they feel welcome and respected, and when they’re not limited by dependence on special infrastructure to go wherever they want to go.
Bicycling CAN be the easy choice for ANY American who wants to ride.
ABEA knows how to make this happen.
Successful Bicyclists are Savvy Cyclists
ABEA is working to create savvy cyclists through a number of channels:
- CyclingSavvy Essentials is a free online course covering what everyone needs to know to keep themselves safe, wherever they ride
- CyclingSavvy Online delivers 24-7 access to the best videos, animations, graphics, strategies and resources ever created for safe and easy bicycling
- In-person workshops offer small classes with one-on-one experiential instruction in the many nuances of savvy cycling
- Our blog, The Savvy Cyclist, reaches thousands of subscribers with its focus on best practices and current issues
- ABEA works closely with law enforcement and transportation professionals. Understanding Cyclists’ Position on the Roadway illustrates the safety concerns of cyclists, and how a bicyclist’s roadway position can dramatically increase or decrease the most common crash types
- ABEA trains new instructors. There currently are more than 100 CyclingSavvy Instructors throughout the United States.
ABEA is dedicated to supporting successful bicycling with its programs and resources for the general public, traffic engineers, transportation professionals, law enforcement and educators.
Our nation’s transportation culture can and must be changed to ensure that bicyclists are expected and respected as a normal part of traffic on all of our roads, regardless of the absence or availability of bicycle-specific infrastructure.
Education is Essential
In fact, education has become even more important with the installation of bicycle-specific facilities. Because of the installation of special facilities for cyclists, there’s simply more and essential “need-to-knows” for every rider — and motorist — regarding safest and best practices.
We look forward to serving you, and every cyclist who wants to be smarter on the road.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION (CH43017) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. http:/www.800helpfla.com/